Sunday, November 25, 2018
While Russia and her neighboring countries are no longer ruled by communism, the spiritual crisis left by 70 years of enforced atheism remains. Poverty is a crushing reality, and many children own a Bible in their own language or know about the love and hope of Jesus. Many of their parents and caregivers cannot afford Christmas gifts for them. But through Slavic Gospel Association's Immanuel's Child outreach, you can help bring Russian-speaking children the life-changing Gospel - leading them o the joy of the real meaning of Christmas!
Through Immanuel's Child, your gifts will provide:
- A personal message of love from you and your family - A child will receive the Star of Bethlehem with your signature and a printed message of encouragement in Russian.
- A Gospel Opportunity - For many needy children and their families, this will be their first - and perhaps only - time they will hear the Gospel and of Christ's love.
- A Special Christmas Gift - Toys will be purchased locally, lovingly wrapped, and presented by Russian-speaking church workers.
- A Children's Bible - This is a wonderful gift they will treasure and read!
- Candy and Nutritious Fruit - These are rare treats!
- Personal Care Items - Children will receive warm clothing and hygiene products.
- Discipleship Materials - Christian literature and other follow-up materials in Russian will be given to local churches. These are vital tools for the follow-up ministry that occurs in the months following Christmas.
How can you make a difference through Immanuel's Child?
* Take a star off the tree in the lobby for every child you would like to sponsor.
* Sign the Russian-language half that will be given to a child, and keep the English-language half for your Christmas tree as a prayer reminder.
* Place your donation of $25 per child in the basket on the table next to the tree in the lobby. Make your check payable to RECC with "Immanuel's Child" in the memo line.
For more information, contact the Church Office.